Friday, March 15, 2013

Bert Rock - The Harden Criminal in "Bonfire Night"




Q: Who or what are you?
My name is Bert Rock, and I lived alone until I was sent down for life - not my fault, the bastards framed me. I've never been married or had a family - not my choice, Dot left me for a richer guy and it left me bitter, I won't trust a woman again.

Q: How did you become antagonistic?
Dot leaving me was where it started, then a guy I grew up with, Roly Mason - we used to be petty criminals but both went straight after a spell in prison - blamed me on his deathbed for three murders done thirty years ago, and nobody would listen when I said he was lying.

Q: What do you hope nobody ever finds out about you?
That I watch Neighbours, I'd never live the shame down

Q: What do you like or dislike about the other characters from your book?
I never stopped loving Dot - they blamed me for her death, you know? As if I'd kill her! Roly was a double crossing bastard, and as for his two sons; one a posh copper, the other as useless as a chocolate teapot. And don't even get me started on that arrogant, over-privileged bloody lawyer, Kyle Barrymore…

Q: What's the worst thing you've done to someone?
I killed three people, but they drove me to it, took me to the edge. It was their own faults.

Q: What type of places do you hang out in?
Since I was sent down, I've found God, so I spend a lot of time in the Prison Chapel. What else could I do? Maybe if I pray enough they'll let me out of here.

Q: What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
I still remember every second of my first kiss with Dot all those years ago, from her dancing in the grass under the summer sun, surrounded by beautiful flowers, before I tried my luck, to her letting me get to second base. What a day.

Q: Do you have any pets? Do you want any pets? What kind?
Never had a pet in all my life - filthy, smelly bloody things, full of fleas and all.

Q: What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Are there any people should not do? Why or why not?
Bring it on. I haven't had a good ale for far too long. Youngsters are twats when they have a few too many, but maybe I'm a bit of a hypocrite, 'cos I've always loved my booze.

Q: If you could change anything in your book, what would it be and why?
I would have brought Roly back to life and beaten the shit out of him.




ISBN-10: 1907954287
Price: Paperback £9.99, Kindle (subject to change) £1.95
Publisher: Wild Wolf Publishing (20 Feb 2013)
Link to website: http://www.rickithomas.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment