Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Carter Langdon - The Town Drunk in "Killing Casanova"




Q: Who or what are you?
My name is Carter Langdon. I was a National High School Team Roping Champion, now I’m…(you can fill in whatever you like.)

Q: Tell me about your past? Who are your parents, siblings?
My  parents are living on our family ranch in Lindley, Nevada. My family settled, ran and practically owns this town. I have…well, had, a twin sister named Melinda. I work around Lindley with local ranchers and farmers because my dad doesn’t believe in giving his kids his money. He’ll throw his clout around to keep me from embarrassing him, but he doesn’t do much more than that since the accident that killed my sister. He blames me, I blame myself, the difference is…I don’t wallow and cry about it. I get what I want.

Q: How did you become antagonistic?
It’s not my fault everyone is trying to make my life a disaster. I’m just like all the other local cowboys, except my sister’s death was the biggest tragedy this town has ever seen and her boyfriend turned out to be some kind of hero, and that makes me the villan. I didn’t choose that, Jake Caswell did. Now, he throws his money and his success in my face. My one shot and a life outside of Lindley was stolen from me when he pulled me from the accident. My shoulder has never been the same and my rodeo career was over. I would have been better off dead, than broken and stuck in his shadow. He made me like this.

Q: What do you hope nobody ever finds out about you?
I don’t really hate Jake. I admire him, wish I were him, even liked him, at one time. He’s everything I could have been, but I’m not. I can’t live with the reminder and I’m afraid to do better because I’ll never live up to what could’ve  been.

Q: What's the worst thing you've done to someone?
I’ve done lots of things. Spent most of my time drunk, forced myself on girls, started fires, beat people up, the list is pretty long. The worst thing was the night I got drunk and rolled my pick-up truck off the mountain. I killed my sister in that accident, nearly killed Jake and ruined my life.

Q: What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
I think drinking calms me down. I feel like I’m going to explode with anger most of the time and when I drink, I feel nothing and then I feel free. Free of guilt, hatred, and sadness. What I can remember feels like fun, and what I don’t remember won’t hurt me.

Q: What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Are there any people should not do? Why or why not?
I don’t use drugs. They’re too expensive and hard to get a hold of in Lindley. Reno is the closest city and its hours away. Jake doesn’t drink. He’s afraid of what happens when people drink, but then he doesn’t need alcohol to get girls to sleep with him or to forget what he’s done. I’ve been told drugs and alcohol can ruin your life, but for me, they’re the only way for me to handle living.

Q: If you could change anything in your book, what would it be and why?
If I could change it. I would not be the antagonist. I would never have killed my sister, I would have left Lindley on the Pro rodeo circuit and Jake would have been just another high school memory. It’s too late for that. I am a victim of circumstance and I can’t change it.

Q: What do you like or dislike about the other characters from your book?  
I like the girls, girls remind me what I’m still good for. I like the sheriff, he’s my uncle and he’s always looking out for me. He’s my mom’s brother and he respects my dad enough to try to keep me out of jail so I won’t make my dad look bad. I hate Jake Caswell. He’s an arrogant, spoiled, self-righteous son of a…

He’s always preaching to me about ‘the right thing to do’. He throws his money and his father’s name around like I should care what he thinks. His little blind girlfriend is a pain. She’s always butting in where she doesn’t belong, and she isn’t afraid of me. I could really care less about most of Lindley, if I weren’t stuck here.

Q: What's the worst thing someone ever did to you?
After my sister died, my father told me I was a damn fool and I had not only murdered my sister, but I had broken both my parents hearts. After that, he quit talking to me.


ISBN: ISBN 10: 1-4405-5242-8
ISBN 13: 978-1-4405-5242-7
eISBN 10: 1-4405-5241-X
eISBN 13: 978-1-4405-5241-0
14.99 paperback
4.99 e-book

Publisher: Crimson Romance, an arm of Adam’s Media

Links to websites, blogs, etc.amazon.com, bnn.com, itunes.com, googlebooks.com, Crimsonromance.com ,allromanceebooks.com and blio.com to get the book and a digital voice to read it aloud and  anywhere e-books are sold.
http://storylane.com/tracimcdonald

No comments:

Post a Comment