Friday, March 29, 2013

Seth Ambrosine - A Set (Lord of Chaos) in "Discovering Ren"



Q: Who or what are you?
My name is Seth Ambrosine. In magical and/or demonic circles, I’m also known as Set, the lord of chaos, bringer of storm and wind, god of foreigners and the desert.

Q: What is your cause about? 
To quote Tyra Banks, it’s all about The Me! Seriously, I just want what everybody else does: fortune, happiness, great sex, and lots and lots of attention.

Q: What type of servants are you looking for?
I have seventy-two demons in my employ. My annoying sister-in-law keeps killing them, so I’m always looking for new recruits, preferably ones who have a useful skill such as making money, mental torture, great strength, and the ability to stand between me and my enemies.

Q: Tell me about your past? Who are your parents, siblings?
Oh, my family. My dad died when I was not quite sixteen, and my do-goody brother Max took over the family business. My mother’s still alive, although she’s currently incarcerated in a hospital for the criminally insane. (I feel kinda bad about that, since it’s sort of my fault.) I was always her favorite, since she could keep me happy by simply giving me whatever I wanted. Max was a lot more complicated and cared more about doing what was right than just being happy in the now.

Q: What’s the most important thing in your life right now?
Right now I’m in our sequel, and I’m faced with the choice of helping my brother and sister-in-law to find their kidnapped son in the underworld or letting him die. You see, my nephew will eventually grow up and try to take revenge on me for a bunch of stuff I did to his parents. I don’t want that to happen, but I’m also not a born killer. Besides, if I help his parents, they’ll owe me big time.

Q: How did you become antagonistic?
Totally my sister-in-law Isadora’s fault. My brother almost died, and while he was in a coma I tried to convince her to love me. It didn’t go well, and she got really mad. Our relationship really went to hell from there, especially after I sued her and Max for all their assets and accidentally killed her parents.

Q: What do you hope nobody ever finds out about you?
Demons can detect weakness, and if I show any, they will rebel against me. I could end up dead very quickly.

Q: What do you like or dislike about the other characters from your book?
Max annoys the piss out of me, because he’s so noble and perfect all the time. He’s Osiris, the Righteous One, and he’s always ready to sacrifice himself for other people. It’s predictable and tiresome. But he’s also my brother and he was my partner and best friend. I have to respect Isadora, because she’s got serious magical abilities, is great in hand-to-hand combat, and is one clever hot heroine. Have I mentioned that she’s Isis, Queen of Magic and Lady of the Ten Thousand names? Believe it or not, I’m actually in love with my wife, Annette, whom I married to annoy my mother and because she resembles Isadora. I thought Annette was ordinary human, but I just learned in the sequel that she’s Nepthys, the Priestess of Death. Very, very hot.

Q: What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Are there any people should not do? Why or why not?
Drugs are dumb and a huge waste of money. I mean, I’m rich (especially since I have all of Max’s assets now), but even I would end up broke on the street if I relied on drugs for stress relief. Wine, on the hand, is a completely different thing. My father had a great cellar and a knack for selecting prime vintages. I know a lot about wine, and throughout the novel and the sequel-in-progress I spend time with a glass pondering my next move.


ISBN-10: 1481801929
Price: $14.99 paperback, $3.99 Kindle
Author: Jennifer Eiferig
Publisher: Cogwheel Press
@eifrigjen

No comments:

Post a Comment