Monday, May 20, 2013

Blanco - Leader of the Death Tribe from Beware of the White

Who and what are you?

My name is Blanco. I am the leader of the Trepidus, affectionately referred to by other Underworld beings as the death tribe. We are superior creatures responsible for all after death clean up. On occasion we are instructed to take care of the death itself. We do so by smiling at the victim.

What is your cause about?

Our species has been dealing with the after death practices of the Underworld forever. Clearly with that sort of command over life and death, we are the superior species around here. I feel it is time we take on a position of power. Instead of all this sappy, ‘let’s all just get along,’ peace crud.

How did you become antagonistic?

I was born a Trepidus. It’s how we are. We are solitary creatures of superior intelligence. Our species used to be the Guardians of Life; with glowing skin and shiny hair. Other beings weren’t terrified of Guardians like they are of Trepidus. Guardians were responsible for all after death duties as well, but also had the ability to resurrect worthy beings.

Who are your family?

My parents were Guardians who may or may not have been involved in the incident that led to us being relegated to the Trepidus. My nephew is Finny – the traitorous scum who keeps helping that stupid girl, Terra – the one named in the prophecy as the only one who can defeat me. Yeah, whatever. Death is my business. Do you think I can be defeated?

What do you like or dislike about the other characters from your book?

Honestly I don’t like anything about them except that they are simpletons who can so easily be controlled without even realizing it. But that’s my secret. Let’s not share that with the others. I dislike plenty. The city of Concord is a peaceful, cooperative place. That drives me nuts. Everybody always smiling at each other and helping and waving. Argh! Clearly they need to be challenged perhaps even threatened.

What do you hope nobody ever finds out about you?

If I told you, then people would find out, so clearly I won’t be admitting my secret weapons to you. But let me assure you, I do have secrets and they are the reason I am far superior in cunning and intellect to my fellow Trepidus.

What’s the worst thing someone ever did to you?

It astounds me that the pathetic girl, Terra, has decided to continue her Underworld training knowing that I want to eliminate her. Is it the ‘worst’ thing? Only until I dispatch her. Then it will become a bad memory.

What is the worst thing you’ve done to someone?

My business is death. Does it get any worse than that?

What would the perfect gift for you be?

Clearly not a mirror. It has nothing to do with my appearance, but more to do with…wait, it’s best not to finish that thought. I wouldn’t want you to be armed with too much information.

If you could change anything in your book, what would it be and why?

I would take a page out of my pathetic excuse for a nephew’s book and show up at Introquarters on Terra Harmoner’s first night of training. And I’d smile at her.

About Beware of the White:

As is tradition, Terra learns on the Saturday past her twelfth birthday that she is a Natures Spirit. It is her legacy to serve in the peaceful underground city of Concord. Learning she is named in a prophecy and being threatened by the leader of the death tribe…that part breaks tradition.

The Trepidus are the death janitors of the Underworld, responsible for delivering fatalities with a smile and cleaning up after themselves until Blanco, recent leader of the Trepidus, decides the day of reckoning for his species is coming. He begins organizing the creatures and leads them toward an uprising. The prophecy says there is one person who can stop him. Terra.

With Spirit of Security, Frank, protecting her, Terra attempts to complete her training and discover her Spirit talents. Together, they go on a rogue investigation to learn how to defeat Blanco. In the end, it comes down to a battle of the minds. The future of Concord is at stake. Will Blanco, the older, more experienced being win? Or will Terra, the young, new Spirit earn back the peace of the city?

ISBN:   978-1-77127-320-6
Price:    $5.95
Publisher:  MuseItUp Publishing
Buy It:
Amazon
Or look for it on iTunes
Author website: www.kaistrand.com
Blog: Strands of Thought, hosting a Beware of the White blog tour and giveaway!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KaiStrandAuthor

No comments:

Post a Comment