Friday, May 17, 2013

Fyren - The Shifting Nightmare in The Dream Keeper



Q: Who or what are you?
A: My name is Fyren, but you can call me your worst nightmare. I am a shifter from the dark side of Dreams and I can turn into anything you fear most. Normally I like to don the image of Death. I find the skeletal form and black hood very suited for scaring mortals.

Q: What makes a good servant?
A: A good servant is loyal, submissive, and disposable.

Q: What is your cause about?
A:  My cause is noble and great. For too long Dreamlings have been subject to the whim of mortals. We exist only to please their subconscious. I offer freedom for all Dreamlings, good or bad, Favor or Nightmare. I seek to bring down the boundary separating the realm of Dreams from the realm of Awake. Once the boundary is broken Dreamlings will have the power to overtake the mortals and rule. Of course I will be the supreme master. But we must continue to have order in our new world.

Q: What’s the most important thing in your life right now?
A: I need to capture the rogue dream keeper, Gladamyr. Without his sacrifice the spell to bring down the boundary will not be satisfied. As of now he has avoided the takeover at the Crossing but I have a plan to make him come willingly.

Q: How did you become antagonistic?
A: Like most nightmares I was born this way. However, there is a time when every being must decide what is most important…for me I chose power. Oppression of the weak is the only way to gain that. It’s not that I’m bad, I’m just an opportunist.

Q: What do you hope nobody ever finds out about you?
A: As if I would be willing to share that information with a mortal. The very idea that you would ask such a question is comical. You are fortunate enough that I have taken the time out of my world domination to answer your pathetic inquiries. Next question.

Q: What do you like or dislike about the other characters from your book?
A: Fondness for others is a weakness. So there are few that I will openly say I like. Mab, my second in command is one exception. She is not only beautiful but she has a wicked heart that is close to mine. She is not hesitant when inflicting pain and she is purely devoted to the cause. I dislike any who are opposed to me. Gladamyr and his sidekick teenagers are just a few of the feeble that will be removed when my reign begins.

Q: What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
A: I find the horrifying screams of children the most satisfying sound in the world. The only other thing that comes close is killing. Yes those things do calm me.

Q: In your opinion, what is your best feature?
A: The best future is the one in which every mortal, even down to the last weeping child, is under my control. 

Q: What would be the perfect gift for you?
A: Gladamyr’s head on a platter. Throw in the mortal kids hanging out with him and I’ll promote you from slave to servant.

Q: Do you have any pets? Do you want any pets? What kind?
I have one pet, Minyon. Really he is a whining, pathetic excuse for a nightmare, but he is loyal. If I had his gifts I’d be even more fantastic. The dreamling is composed of nothing but spiders. He can detach remnants of himself and be my spy in many places. What is the use of having a pet if it isn’t good for something, right?

Q: What annoys you more than anything else?
A: Annoying mortals asking too many questions. Is this interview over? I have a world to terrorize.

Q: What's the worst thing you've done to someone?
Keep asking the questions and you’ll soon find out.


Title:
THE DREAM KEEPER
ISBN:
Hardback: 978-1-939993-01-4, Paperback: 978-1-939993-03-8, EBook: 978-1-939993-02-1
Price:
Hardback: $19.95, Paperback: $12.99, EBook: $5.99.
Publisher:
Lost Treasure Publishing & Illustrating, an Independent Studio.

Links to websites, blogs, etc:
Twitter as: @writtenbymikey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *